Chicken Burrito Bowl: Meal Prep
Meal prepping is one of the best ways to lose weight. This is because when you have a meal ready and prepared for you, you are less likely to reach for unhealthy options. We are HUGE fans of meal prepping as a way to stick to your diet, prevent food waste, and save time. This chicken burrito bowl is the perfect meal prep dish that can be stored for up to 4 days and enjoyed quickly!
The instructions below are enough to make 4 days' worth of this dish. When preparing place items in different storage containers to keep them separate and sealed.
Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 800g RawRice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn
- 100g shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the chicken, peppers and onions onto the sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread the taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste on vegetables.
- Cover each chicken breast with a pour of salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes then cut the chicken into strips.
- Drain and rinse the RawRice. Add a base of the RawRice to 4 storage containers.
- Top with black beans, corn, cheese, and cooked vegetables.
- Store in the fridge for 4 days.