Autumn Pear Salad with Homemade Croutons
This colourful and filling salad will quickly become your fall favourite. Bursting with in season flavours, this salad is just what you need to fuel your body and get a boost of needed vitamins during the cold, sunless days. We are also sharing our super easy homemade crouton recipe that is to die for!
Autumn Pear Salad
- 50 grams chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Handful of Spinach
- 2 pears sliced thinly
- 20g dried cranberries
- For the Croutons: 1 package of slim bread, 50ml water, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder.
- Prepare the slimbread according to instructions. Set aside and let cool.
- Once slightly cooled, preheat the oven to 190C and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Break the slim bread into chunks and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread evenly and cook for 20 minutes. Let these cool.
- In a medium pan over medium heat melt the butter and brown sugar.
- After the sugar has melted add in the walnuts and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add lettuce, pears, and cranberries to a bowl and combine.
- Top with walnuts and croutons.
- Drizzle you favourite salad dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!